freetds - Re: dbrows missing...

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Brian Bruns" <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: dbrows missing...
  • Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 15:35:55 -0400

Jim,

I think my terminology was a little sloppy. It is in all likelihood
"exported" from the library. However, it is an undocumented function. I
suspect that at some time in the past the DBROWS macro directly mucked
with the dbprocess to return a result. The function was probably
introduced later in an attempt to clean things up, but the dbrows()
function AFAIK was never published in the documentation and the only
reason it appears in code is because people look at the headers and short
circuit the code, perhaps thinking it will be faster.

Anyway, no harm in fixing it, and if we aim to be binary compatible we
need to do it anyway.

Brian