freetds - Re: cc vs CC

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Alex Hornby <alex AT anvil.co.uk>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: cc vs CC
  • Date: 23 Aug 2002 11:09:56 +0100

On Fri, 2002-08-23 at 11:08, Shivakumar, Pravinkumar (ODC - Satyam)
wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have downloaded freeTDS-0.53 on sun solaris 5.6. Installation of the
> program happens fine but when I execute the sample programs present in the
> ../src/dblib/unittests it runs fine while i use the cc compiler but when I
> use the CC compiler it throws the following error.any clue what am i doing
> wrong,

Er, you are building C code with a C++ compiler. C++ is stricter than C
so the build is failing.

On Sun you should use cc or acc to build C libs not CC.

HTH,
Alex.

  • cc vs CC, Shivakumar, Pravinkumar (ODC - Satyam), 08/23/2002
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: cc vs CC, Alex Hornby, 08/23/2002