freetds - RE: bcp test problems (was: changes overnight)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: ZIGLIO Frediano <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafoneomnitel.it>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: bcp test problems (was: changes overnight)
  • Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 17:50:03 +0200

> That was me :)
>
> I just tried clean builds on Tru64 and x86 Linux, the Tru64 reports
> passing all but 1 of the 19 dblib tests, while the Linux build fails
> 3 of 19.
>
> 1st time Tru64 has come out ahead, we're looking good :)
>
> David

Ok, I founded problem in bcp.c code (in Linux errno is defined something
like (*geterrno()) )...

I note that t0016 and t0017 return success even if there are some problem..

$ ./t0016
Start
About to logon
After logon
Dropping table
Creating table
return from bcp_init = 1
return from dbcmd = 1
return from dbsqlexec = 1
Number of columns = 5
return from bcp_columns = 1
DB-LIBRARY error (severity 17):
Received invalid column length from bcp client.
0 rows copied in
select
firstrow = 0 row_of_query = 0 rows written 0
0 rows copied out
dblib okay on t0016.c

$ ./t0017
Start
About to logon
About to open, PASSWORD: , USER: , SERVER:
After logon
Dropping table
Creating table
select
DB-LIBRARY error (severity 0):
Unable to open host data-file.
1141 rows copied
dblib okay on t0017.c

t0016.in and t0017.in are not in CVS, so these test do not work correctly...

Note that the "1141 rows copied" executing t0017 simply... do not exists...

freddy77

"STRICTLY PERSONAL AND CONFIDENTIAL

This message may contain confidential and proprietary material for the sole
use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by others is
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient please contact
the sender and delete all copies.
The contents of this message that do not relate to the official business of
our company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it."

  • RE: bcp test problems (was: changes overnight), ZIGLIO Frediano, 08/22/2002