freetds - Sybase.pm / FreeTDS IMAGE data question

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Eric Deutsch" <edeutsch AT systemsbiology.org>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Sybase.pm / FreeTDS IMAGE data question
  • Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 12:42:56 -0700

Hi, in reading through the Perl DBD::Sybase documentation again, I
notice there is a syb_binary_images flag that can be set, but it doesn't
seem to work properly/well with FreeTDS.

If I do a query of an IMAGE column with

$dbh->{syb_binary_images} = 0;

I get the hex representation of the data just fine.

If I do a query of an IMAGE column with

$dbh->{syb_binary_images} = 1;

every value returned for that column is the string "image data".

I grepped around for that string to try to figure out where it comes
from but I cannot find it. If would be quite nice if I could get the
binary data back directly without having to pack() the hex
representation.

Has anyone else encountered this or have ideas on fixing?

Thanks,
Eric

  • Sybase.pm / FreeTDS IMAGE data question, Eric Deutsch, 08/21/2002