freetds - Re: Convert seems totally broken now (PHP, CVS 2002-08-09)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: <lbayuk AT mindspring.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Convert seems totally broken now (PHP, CVS 2002-08-09)
  • Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 20:44:25 -0400 (EDT)

Frediano Ziglio wrote:

> Il lun, 2002-08-12 alle 02:26, lbayuk AT mindspring.com ha scritto:
> > About a month ago, I reported that the CVS snapshot (2002-07-05) had a
> > problem with loss of the last character on TEXT fields. I just tried the
> > 2002-08-09 CVS snapshot and was discouraged to find the situation is much
> > worse. I'm now missing the last character on INTEGER and DATE/TIME types;
> > CHARACTER types are padded with null bytes to one less then their length
> > (these nulls are visible in PHP; they are not taken as end of string), and
> > TEXT types don't seem to contain any valid data.
> >

> Current CVS version should solve all this issues.
> Can you do a test ?

I tested against the snapshot on ibiblio.org dated 2002-08-18.
The problem is not solved.

Types TEXT, INTEGER, and DATE/TIME/TIMESTAMP are all OK now. But CHAR and
VARCHAR are still broken. PHP gets them padded to the field length with
null bytes (sometimes mixed with other characters), and sets the string
length to the field length. (With a previous CVS version I got padding to
field length-1.)