freetds - configure.in check for long long

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: configure.in check for long long
  • Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 23:49:52 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all,

I've added a check for long, long long, and __int64 to configure.in and
made the typedef in tds.h.in a substituted value based on that.

If there is no 64bit integer type on the box we default to whatever "long"
is, so there is a potential for buffer overflows where the size of
TDS_INT8 is assumed within the code, so I've added a HAVE_INT64 macro such
that we can test for that and handle it gracefully (although I haven't
modified any of the mainline code to check it yet). Thinking about it, I
maybe should have made the unsupported value "double" so the sizes matched
anyway, not sure.

So, based on this and jkl's HAVE_ATOLL fixes, Tru64 should work again (I
think).

We can turn off certain features if 64bit ints aren't supported on a
platform (like support for SYBINT8 datatypes under TDS 8.0, or some types
of money conversions even), but I would hope we can at least compile and
run without crashing.

Brian

PS tsql was broken from the convert changes, i fixed it too.