freetds - RE: must be getting tired - I need a holiday!

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: ZIGLIO Frediano <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafoneomnitel.it>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: must be getting tired - I need a holiday!
  • Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 15:52:17 +0200

> I had trouble making freetds after reconfiguring , but I
> removed the -lglib
> library from the src/odbc makefile and it all worked.
> It looks like things are a bit more complicated than that...
> Does this re-configuration for ODBC introduce a dependancy on
> "glib" or
> "glibc" or "libgcc"

FreeTDS no more depend on glib... glib stuff are just the waste of an old
implementation :)... (I do test with grep and objdump but odbc do not depend
anymore from glib)... if only someone can apply my patch #580913...

> can anyone enlighten ? working on SUN I'm loth to install
> libraries I may
> not need....

Oh, SUN... now I understand. Same problem has been resolved time ago on
mailing list...
Ok, I found a mail with problems compiling php and freetds. It tell only to
add gcc library (he had problem with library path).
I don't know any option for remove libgcc dependency compiling. But note
that libgcc is only a static library, so after added to dinamic library
there is no need to add it to final system. Perhaps some stuff in automake
is needed..

freddy77

"STRICTLY PERSONAL AND CONFIDENTIAL

This message may contain confidential and proprietary material for the sole
use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by others is
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient please contact
the sender and delete all copies.
The contents of this message that do not relate to the official business of
our company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it."