freetds - Re: tds_process_login_tokens()

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: tds_process_login_tokens()
  • Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 06:56:42 -0400 (EDT)

Freddy,

I get 2038 bytes allocated and unfreed using gethostbyname_r() which is
not as bad but still some leakage.

I saw some noise on the glibc list about using endhostent() after calls to
gethostbyname(), but doing so made the leakage worse. However, if this
were a required call, one would assume that every example call to
gethostbyname() program would include it, and none do.

Brian