freetds - RE: Help - I am going crazy...

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: ZIGLIO Frediano <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafoneomnitel.it>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Help - I am going crazy...
  • Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 17:58:32 +0200

> Thanks, that is the direction I have gone and kinda have it working...
>
> There are some SQL issues that I am having to do more reg
> expression stuff
> than I was hoping for -- ie ORDER BY can't be in the intended SQL...
>
> What is the deal with the @@ROWCOUNT -- why can't I use that
> and do two
> queries... I can't believe that people are using this
> connection without
> rowcount...? The driver must just be prefetching all the rows
> and storing
> them in ram , but that pre fetch is slow...

Arghh... storing on client...
No, is not such a good method. Many time program fetch data from client and
process directly. So server and client avoid caching many data at all
(imagine a web server with many request each with require db use...).
You can do a select and print just appropriate rows in <table> tags...
You can get rows from a db and put into another...
Imagine a such client that open many the pages but not fetch any data... a
good and simple DoS...
Sometime we must only print number like XXX rows before <table>. In this
situation you can just use javascript to fill a previous tag.

freddy77

"STRICTLY PERSONAL AND CONFIDENTIAL

This message may contain confidential and proprietary material for the sole
use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by others is
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient please contact
the sender and delete all copies.
The contents of this message that do not relate to the official business of
our company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it."