freetds - RE: TDS implementation on windows: using OLDEDB to access proprietary database

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Sharad Bansal" <sharad AT ITAngel.com>
  • To: "'James K. Lowden'" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>, "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Cc: "'Neeraj Gupta'" <ngupta16 AT hotmail.com>
  • Subject: RE: TDS implementation on windows: using OLDEDB to access proprietary database
  • Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 11:15:45 -0400

Hi,

The reason why I think that option is not optimal is speed and
maintainence. This will be an ultra-high performance prop database. And,
I rather have Microsoft optimize OLEDB. If I can program the server to
talk TDS, then you can even use SQL query analyzer to access our
database.

Is there a master list of various TDS message formats ? Or, tds.h the
only source for that?

Thanks.