freetds - Re: tdsping?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Robb Hill" <rhill AT capitoladvantage.com>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: tdsping?
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 12:51:07 -0400

I found the ping for SQL 2000 in a Nessus script, mssql_ping.nasl. After
doing some searches and converting the script to perl I could ping a SQL
2000 server and gets lots of good info. The Perl script is at another
location. I will mail the link in the AM.

On the login technique... Where in the FreeTDS source could I find
information on what data should be sent for a logon. I just want to
interact with the protocol on any level versus the TCP connect. The login
technique sounds good if there is no 'TDS ping' for SQL 7. Is there a
server version query or anything like that, that does not require the login?

Thanks,
Robb