freetds - Escape string function

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Phil Taylor <Phil AT lansystems.co.uk>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Escape string function
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 15:19:02 +0100

Hi,

I have looked through the sybase and microsoft docs (and the FreeTDS ones)
and I cannot find any 'standard' escape string function (i.e. to remove
apostraphes and quotes from within a query string).

Does FreeTDS include such a function (like the mysql one) or what way do
people usually do this in C/C++ to ensure valid query strings are entered? I
have done this in PHP but I need a C way of doing it.

Cheers

Phil