freetds - patch 574400 (reentrancy)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: patch 574400 (reentrancy)
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 16:56:54 -0400 (EDT)

As discussed I created a new file called threadsafe.c in src/tds to
encapsulate all the _REENTRANT ifdef garbage and applied a modified
reentrancy patch.

Then disaster struck. It appears there are at least 3 different ways to
call gethostbyname_r() depending on platform. I've found an autoconf
macro from Caolan McNamara (of wvWare fame) to handle that, but I'm
wondering what dark secrets exist in gethostbyaddr_r, getservbyname_r, et
al. So, this thing is not as simple as it seemed.

Anyway, some rudimentary stuff is checked in which uses the call signature
from the original patch, but it needs some serious work.

Brian