freetds - FAQ questions

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Sam Denton <denton AT wantec.com>
  • To: 'TDS Development Group' <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: FAQ questions
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 10:26:08 -0500

Title: Message
I was perusing the latest version of the FAQ, and had a couple of questions.

Under "Do I need to configure anything?", the following config options are listed:
--enable-shared
    build shared libraries [default=yes]
--enable-static
    build static libraries [default=yes]
Does this mean that the default is to do what the option says to do?  If so, (1) what's the point of the option, and (2) how does one disable the option?  If not, this should be rewritten.

Also, under "Which Perl library should I use?", the following is stated:
    DBD::FreeTDS does not depend on the FreeTDS libraries.
If this is correct, it certainly looks like a typo.  Perhaps this should be added:
    (The similarity in the names is purely coincidental.)

Sam Denton
WAN Technologies, Inc.
(314) 428-0888 / (800) 926-7771
www.wantec.com
Data & Telecommunications Solutions provider
www.wancare.com
Network Management Solutions

  • FAQ questions, Sam Denton, 07/03/2002