freetds - sending resultsets over network under java

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Marc Schouten <m.schouten AT itsec.nl>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: sending resultsets over network under java
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 08:51:36 +0200

i'm having a bit of a problem here with java it's not purely freetds but i
hope you
guys can help me a bit,
i'm using a server application with freetds implemented, it is set to recieve
commands
from clients, and communicating with multiple databases.

so i send my command, freetds executes the sql query en generates a
resultset..
everything fine up to there.

now i need to send the resultset back to my client application.. and here the
problems
start. resultset rs isn't able to generate a bytestream or assci stream for
the whole
object. just for one row or collumn. but i want the whole object with
everything in
it. does anybody know how to do this? or could i intercept the raw stream
wich freetds
recieves from the database and then send that to my client and make a
resultset with
it there?

TIA

Marc

  • sending resultsets over network under java, Marc Schouten, 06/25/2002