freetds - Re: TDS: Write failed in tds_write_packet

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Chomay Chou" <chomay AT x-legend.com.tw>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: TDS: Write failed in tds_write_packet
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 15:26:48 +0800

I have this kind of problems too
And I 'm NOT using sql-relay
Only MSSQL2000 and use PHP4+Apache+FreeTDS to connect it
When the connection dies I always restart Apache server
It will run normally about 2-3 days but error will show again after
3days .....

I reinstall SQL2000 with SP2
The situation seem better then before
I never restart the Apache server again sinice reinstall SQL+SP2
But still have same Error messages on Httpd-error-log
(Sometimes web page will show time-out error )

I check the socket (netstat -a ) when connection is fail
The Socket is broken and can't Establish auto

Wish It will help

Regards,

Chomay