freetds - support for decimals, TDS_NUMERIC

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Mark J. Lilback" <mark AT lilback.com>
  • To: freetds mailing list <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: support for decimals, TDS_NUMERIC
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 20:58:26 -0400

From looking around the code, it looks like there is no support for accessing the data from numeric data types... is this correct? The tds code seems to convert it to a TDS_NUMERIC structure in place, but I don't see code in ctlib or dblib that is using that.

There was code in src/tds/token.c up until version 1.20 (checked in this morning by jkl) that did some checks for issues of sybase v. microsoft, but that's gone now (along with comments describing the wire protocol differences).

James -- any particular reason you removed this? That code isn't mentioned in the ChangeLog or the cvs log, so I was wondering about the rational for removing it.

Any knowledge out there on what do with the the array in a TDS_NUMERIC? I've got some sample data, but I can't figure out how to map what's in the database to what was returned over the wire.

I'd like to get numeric support working, but I'm at a loss as to what's currently going on.

Thanks.

"They that can give up essential liberty
Mark J. Lilback to obtain a little temporary safety
<mark AT lilback.com> deserve neither liberty or safety."
http://www.lilback.com/ -- Benjamin Franklin