freetds - Re: Solaris 2.8 unixODBC/iODBC MS-SQL Server

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Solaris 2.8 unixODBC/iODBC MS-SQL Server
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 13:09:20 -0400

Well, I'm 0/1 today, but I'll offer a nonanswer.

The message says the shared library "libtdsodbc.so" called the function
"gethostbyname" (also from a shared library?) and didn't find it. Why that
should be the case, I don't know.

Could it have something to do with ldconfig and the library path? Cf.
http://www.freetds.org/userguide/x200.htm#AEN210 .

I can tell you, sqsh uses other FreeTDS shared libraries. If sqsh can
connect to your server, that would indicate a Makefile problem for the
FreeTDS OCBC library on Solaris. If sqsh cannot connect, I'd say you have a
local OS issue (because sqsh works on Solaris for lots of people).

An alternative test would be to try to connect with DBD::Sybase, which (like
sqsh) uses the ct-lib API. Same analysis.

Regards,