freetds - Some patches

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: ZIGLIO Frediano <Frediano.Ziglio AT omnitelvodafone.it>
  • To: "Freetds (E-mail)" <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Some patches
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 16:32:49 +0200

I posted some patches on sourceforge (already posted time ago in
mailinglist)

[ 565831 ] coding UCS-2 string on be machine
This patch use always little-endian encode for iconv
conversion. This work for big-endian machine using tds7
or tds8. Not tested with big endian machine and sybase
with nvarchar
(I haven't nor big endian machine nor sybase db)

[ 565833 ] small token optimization
just skip some bytes using only a call to tds_get_n
instead on tds_get_n and tds_get_byte

[ 565834 ] small tds_put_buf optimization
Instead of allocate buffer, build full output on buffer and
write on socket just split write avoiding allocating buffer
(this also prevent problem allocating memory)

[ 565835 ] Fix iconv routines
This patch fixes some problem with iconv routines
- removed a buffer overflow
- use same behaviour for C code conversion and iconv
conversion (UCS not terminated, C terminated)
Also added doxygen style comment

[ 565837 ] write full tds packet
This patch write always entire tds packet to socket. In
some condition (kernel socket window very full due to
slow connection, very long query, server very busy)
packet was not sended entirely (after send packet we
reuse buffer and start another packet)
(this is a critical patch!)

[ 565838 ] rewritten select calls
Rewritten select calls to waste less cpu time (use
timeout param of select instead of releasing cpu to
scheduler at every cicle)
(this patch raise some discussion on ML)

freddy77

  • Some patches, ZIGLIO Frediano, 06/07/2002