freetds - Re: checkins

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Bill Thompson" <thompbil AT exchange.uk.ml.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: checkins
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 10:11:53 -0400

Hey james,

back from long weekend now.

I submitted a big patch to brian last week which included the static
declarations, so I guess he'll find that already done.

As to the dates...several issues...

1) select getdate(), select convert(smalldatetime, getdate())

I realised that I had forgotten to change function convert_datetime4() in
convert.c to do the date conversions the new way, hence the difference
between the two columns selected. I've changed this now, so both behave
the same, and the output format is the same, i.e.

Jun 5 2002 02:56:04:226PM
Jun 5 2002 02:56:00:000PM

I'll send you the patch for this, if you like...

2) the length of the columns

This is down to whatever calls dbconvert() or it's ctlib equivalent. in
dbconvert you pass a "destlen" parameter, which will determine the output
length. In my new code, destlen of -1 means the returned value will be
trimmed of trailing blanks and null terminated, destlen of -2 means the
returned value will not be stripped of trailing blanks, destlen of > 0
means that the returned value will be padded out if necessary to the
required length with blanks. I guess we are being passed a destlen of 255
by sqsh...Perhaps I shouldn't pad out with blanks....?

Hope this helps,

Bill