freetds - RE: mssql_query not updating mssql_get_last_message on php4.1.2 and freetds 0.53

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: James K. Lowden <jklowden AT speakeasy.org>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: mssql_query not updating mssql_get_last_message on php4.1.2 and freetds 0.53
  • Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 20:05:23 -0400

On Thu, 30 May 2002 10:05:52 -0500 "Mark Gruetzner" <mgruetzner AT rw3.com>
wrote:

> I have another, related patch for php 4.1.2 (and I haven't seen it fixed
> in the latest stable build of php either). The patch below is the
> entire"sybase_query" function in the php_sybase_db.c file. Search for
> //fixfix to see what I added. This patch allows the actual error
> message to be sent to php to update the return value for
> mssql_get_last_message every time raiserror is called with a
> user-defined message, such as raiserror ('My error message',9,1):

Mark,

Could you please convert this to a universal diff and post it to FreeTDS's
patches on sourceforge? Then I could update the UG to point it out to
people who read the docs and not the list. I think that would help a lot
of people, potentially.

Much obliged. :^)