freetds - RE: default database context?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Patrick Muldoon" <doon AT inoc.net>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: default database context?
  • Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 14:16:46 -0400

> I'm using FTDS 0.53 talking to MSSQL 2000.. For some reason, it seems
> that I
> need to specifiy DATABASE.DBO.TABLENAME when doing SQL.. but not all
the
> time? I'm trying to figure out how to get around doing this as it
hurts
> my
> cross-database queries and in general is a PITA to type out every time
> reference a table.. I have some code that needs to access SQLServer
as

You could try something like

$dbh = DBI->connect("dbi:Sybase:server=sql0;database=INOC", "username",
"password");

IE Specify the database name in your connect statement, then you won't
have to prefix it in all your queries.

--
Patrick Muldoon, Network/Software Engineer
INOC, LLC

A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?