freetds - FreeTDS and C API

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "William Enck" <wenck AT lmf.net>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: FreeTDS and C API
  • Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 17:32:21 -0400

Hi,

I'm a newbie to freetds and I'm sorry if this has been asked 100 times,
but I can't seem to find any documentation on an API I can use to
interface with freetds.

I'm writting a libmilter (filtering in sendmail) filter that has to access
an MS SQL 2000 server (which can be backed down to TDS 7.0). All I need to
do is some simple SELECT queries.

I tried looking at the unittests but have gotten nowhere. If someone could
point me to a reference or at least tell me how to do a simple connect,
query, and disconnect, I'd be greatful.

Thank you,

William Enck
wenck AT lmf.net