freetds - Installing freeTDS on a new server

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Bob Nix" <bnix AT intranexus.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Installing freeTDS on a new server
  • Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 14:42:53 -0400

I need help. A web address would be great; detailed instructions would be
greatly appreciated. Here's what I have:
new HP Netserver LP1000r running RedHat Linux rel 7.2 kernel 2.4.7-10
Apache
PHP
freeTDS 0.53
I need to connect to a MS SQL Server 7.0 database.

All these components except the SQL server can be re-installed if needed;
I am working with a new system.

My Unix skills are rusty. Is there available a step-by-step process I can
follow to get freeTDS, Apache, and PHP configured? Are there changes I
need to make to the SQL server configuration? I have found several web
references, but they typically have broken web links that reference some
critical component, or do not define where I should be located (directory
location) when I start. For instance, when I run ./configure, where
should I be?

I will certainly have more questons once I get these answered. thanks in
advance for ANY help offered.