freetds - Re: stunnel HOWTO - Re: encrypted passwords

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: James K. Lowden <jklowden AT speakeasy.org>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: stunnel HOWTO - Re: encrypted passwords
  • Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 23:27:30 -0400

On Wed, 17 Apr 2002 16:46:04 -0700 "Bradley Bell"
<bradleyb AT u.washington.edu> wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 13, 2002 at 08:37:43AM -0400, Brian Bruns wrote:
> > If someone gets this going with MSSQL/FreeTDS I'd love to get a write
> > up to add to the user guide. Either CIPE or ssh or FreeS/WAN or
> > whatever.
> >

> I have succeeded in setting up freetds over stunnel between my linux
> webserver, and my W2k SQL server.
>
> Here's how I did it:

Bradley,

Thanks! I used your message to add a page to the user guide. But my jade
is broken :( so I can't regenerate the html right now.

The UG has some other updates in cvs that aren't on the web, too, so the
next publication should include a few goodies.

Brian: I'm adding doc/Makefile. It's bone simple; it starts jade with the
right parameters to plop the UG html version into doc/html (not that
anyone would check that in, of course). Version 2 might scp the output to
freetds.org.

Now, I don't know nothin' 'bout autoconf, Miss Scarlett, or whether this
needs autogeneralization, but I'd be willing to do whatever you think is
immediately useful.