freetds - RE: [OT] Re: encrypted passwords

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Dave Brotherstone" <davegb AT pobox.com>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: [OT] Re: encrypted passwords
  • Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 10:10:48 +0100

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/HOWTO-INDEX/networking.html#NETVPN

I use CIPE, and can whole-heartedly recommend it. The web page
(www.inka.de/~bigred/devel/cipe.html) has a good description of why ppp-ssh
is not necessarily reliable.

Admittedly I've got linux boxes at both ends, sat between client and server.
You can run CIPE on win2k too - but I've not tried that.

Cheers,
Dave.