freetds - Re: in freetds.conf

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: in freetds.conf
  • Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 07:37:24 -0400 (EDT)

Firstly, domains aren't entirely working (but if you have a NT PDC and a
Linux box logged into it via samba, then maybe you want to help?).

Secondly, what really happens in a domain login is windows caches the
password that you type during domain login and then hashes that against
the challege generated by the server. So, since we don't have access to
the password you logged in with (and the fact that linux is multiuser,
but I digress) we need to be told what it is.

Brian

On Fri, 12 Apr 2002, gik wrote:

> Hi, all...
> I still don't understand in freetds.conf have property why ask password of
> NT domain, cause what I know NT domain don't have a password ?

  • in freetds.conf, gik, 04/12/2002
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: in freetds.conf, Brian Bruns, 04/12/2002