freetds - connect: Connection Refused

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Gonzalez, Zara E" <gonzalze AT mail.slh.wisc.edu>
  • To: 'TDS Development Group' <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: connect: Connection Refused
  • Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 08:34:12 -0500

Hello,

I'm a little bit stumped here. I have 2 webservers, one running Redhat 7.0 and
one running Redhat 7.2. Both are running freetds 0.53, apache 1.3.22 and PHP
4.1.2.

Both have the same entries in their freetds.conf file.

The one running Redhat 7.0 will connect the MSSQL 2000 server correctly via
PHP
and SQSH.

The one running Redhat 7.2 won't connect with either PHP or SQSH. The error I
get from SQSH is:
connect: Connection refused
The one I get from the Apache Logs is:
connect: Connection refused
DB-Library: Login incorrect.

The login information I am using works on the 7.0 machine, but not the 7.2
machine...As far as I can tell their configs are identical but one works and
the
other doesn't. Does anyone have any pointers as to what I can try next?

Here's my freetds.conf entry (which works on one but not the other)

[MSSQL2KSERV]
host = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
port = 1433
tds version = 7.0
try server login = yes (<-- also tried this as no)

Thanks for any help,

Zara