freetds - RE: can create tables, can't select, insert or update

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Dave Brotherstone" <davegb AT pobox.com>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: can create tables, can't select, insert or update
  • Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 12:41:53 +0100

Do a "select user_name()", to see what user it thinks you are. The "select
permission denied" message has come straight back from the server, so it's
definately the server end.
Try granting the permissions to that user (returned from user_name())
explicitly - you'll probably find it's just a permissions problem.

Dave.