freetds - FreeTDS ODBC and libodbc++

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Neal Meister" <ntmeister AT micron.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: FreeTDS ODBC and libodbc++
  • Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 00:22:33 -0500

Has anyone attempted to use libodbc++ with the FreeTDS ODBC driver?

Libodbc++ is a great (and free) C++ API over ODBC. See
http://orcane.net/freeodbc++/

I currently use libodbc++ with the iODBC driver manager on Solaris. It's
been working fine with the MyODBC driver (for MySQL databases) and
OpenLink drivers (for Sybase and other database platforms).

>From what I can tell so far, there's a few extraneous ODBC calls that the
libodbc++ wrapper uses which are not yet implemented in libtdsodbc. Of
the ODBC functions that are implemented, there may be a few that aren't
returning the correct information as expected from the libodbc++ code.

I realize that the FreeTDS ODBC driver still needs work; my desire/goal is
to get a TDS driver that works well with libodbc++. Is anyone willing to
join me in this quest?

Thanks,
Neal

  • FreeTDS ODBC and libodbc++, Neal Meister, 03/15/2002