freetds - Re: Sybase Common Libraries - "cs_set_convert" problems

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Chris Eleveld <ihermit2 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Sybase Common Libraries - "cs_set_convert" problems
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 09:34:01 -0800 (PST)

I'm sure others will respond to this also. Usually,
when you want to port from Sybase to FreeTDS I would
suspect you would want to recompile all sources.
Including your NEONet411 Adaptor. It would probably
have clarified your current problem which is that
FreeTDS as of the current version does not appear to
offer a cs_set_convert() routine.

I'm afraid your options at this point are left to
implement it yourself or hire someone to do it. In
addition to the many fine contract programmers out
there who like working on open source projects there
is one mentioned at:
http://www.freetds.org/support.html

Sorry for the bad news but I do hope this helps some

--- Linda <lchen AT pacificex.com> wrote:
> How can you convert the Sybase Common Libraries to
> freetds? Has anyone
> seen this error message before?
>
> I'm trying to convert a third-party messaging
> product (NEONet411 Adaptor
> program written in C++, CT-lib) to freeTDS4.2.
>
> 1) When I ran the program, I received following
> error:
> >/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol:
> cs_set_convert (code)
> from /opt/NEONet411/lib/libnnses.sl
>
> 2) I verified that my SHLIB_PATH contained
> "/opt/NEONet411/lib" & still
> encountered the error message
>
> 3) When all else failed, I did a 'nm -A' in the
> sybase libraries
> to find out which libs had cs_set_convert defined
> & copied them into
> the /usr/local/freetds/lib directory. Re-ran the
> program & received
> the following error message.
> >cs_set_convert(stripTrailingBlanks) failed
> >2002/01/23 11:18:44.585 - NeonLink-W Failure in
> creating Neon DB
> session [40022
>
> Suggestions? I've verified that the program works
> using Sybase & that the
> freetds install works using simple CT-lib examples.
>
> Thanks!
>

> ---
> You are currently subscribed to freetds as:
> [ihermit2 AT yahoo.com]
> To unsubscribe, forward this message to
$subst('Email.Unsub')