freetds - Strange server

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Chris Eleveld" <ihermit2 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Strange server
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 13:42:54 -0500

I have a strange serve on my network that without patching FreeTDS I could
not connect to. Rather than just try to submit my changes I thought I
would run it by you guys and see if anyoen has seen such a strange thing.
Watching packet traces the login accept packet appears the same for Syabse
as FreeTDS so I suspect all is well in the TDS layer, minus accepting the
connection as open on the freeTDS side. If anyone is interested I'm
certain I can fidn soem packet dumps for the TDS tokens. To get to the
point finally though I get a Login Acknowledgement toke(0xAD) with an ack
value of 0, a version of 4.6(0x04060000), and a server name of OpenServer.
So has anyone seen this behavior? Did I miss a configuration option I
need?

also near where I made my change in tds_process_login_tokens is the code:
tds_get_n(tds, NULL, len-4);
tds_get_byte(tds);
shouldn't this just be:
tds_get_n(tds, NULL, len-3);
for the 3 bytes we already read ack and major and minor versions?

I've also added several defines to sybdb.h to get various programs to
compile. Is there any interest in these changes?

  • Strange server, Chris Eleveld, 01/18/2002