freetds - mssql_query error (additional chars return or nothing)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ThoMo" <thomo AT gmx.de>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: mssql_query error (additional chars return or nothing)
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 05:41:35 -0500

Hello,

if I use the following example programm to connect from my linux box to a
MS SQL 7.0 Server I get different answers in netscape (linux) and ie 5.5
(w2k) (see below).
Using netscape only 1 line is returned while ie 5.5 shows all lines but
append to the data an additional char. It looks like it is a char of a
previous line.

Any suggestions?

system desc.:
rh 7.1
apache 1.3.22
freetds 0.53
php 4.0.6

w2k server
MS SQL 7 (SP x)

---- example program --------
$dbc = mssql_connect($db_server,$db_user,$db_passwd);
if ($dbc)
{
print "Connected<br>";

$res = mssql_query(
"SELECT DISTINCT ANSPRECHPARTNER FROM ISW_MELDUNGEN ");

while ($row = mssql_fetch_row($res))
{
if (!strlen($row[0])) continue;
print_r($row);
}

mssql_free_result($res);

mssql_close($dbc);
}
else
{
print "no connection<br>";
}

------- NETSCAPE OUTPUT (linux) ----------
Verbindung hergestellt<br>Array
(
[0] => Muller</body>

------- IE 5.5 OUTPUT --------------------
Verbindung hergestellt<br>Array
(
[0] => Muller
)
Array
(
[0] => paul r <-- the "r" are wrong
)
Array
(
[0] => yyyy r <-- the "r" are wrong
)
Array
(
[0] => k.a. r <-- the "r" are wrong
)
Array
(
[0] => xx . <-- the "." are wrong
)
Array
(
[0] => Naier
)

------- RESULT OF the same query in sql query analyser ---------
SQL QUERY ANALYSER

ANSPRECHPARTNER

Muller
paul
yyyy
k.a.
xx
NULL
Naier

(8 row(s) affected)

  • mssql_query error (additional chars return or nothing), ThoMo, 01/17/2002