freetds - Link SQL server from unix client

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Jie Luo" <luo AT uk.lionbioscience.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Link SQL server from unix client
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 12:19:32 -0500

Hi, I am new here.
We want to access SQL server from unix system. And I find that it seems to
me FreeTDS is what we want.
"FreeTDS is a set of libraries for Unix and Linux that allows your
programs
to natively talk to Microsoft SQL Server and Sybase databases"

We would like to retrieve the data from SQL server using dynamic SQL which
can be done via microsoft ODBC. So I wonder if after I install FreeTDS, I
can directly to access the microsoft API.

Thanks for your help

Jie Luo
Lion bioscience Ltd

  • Link SQL server from unix client, Jie Luo, 01/04/2002