freetds - RE: Transaction problems...

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Kalyan Chakaravarthy <nkalyanc2000 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Transaction problems...
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 20:08:45 -0800 (PST)

Let me clarify this. I am doing some thing like this.

Connection.setAutoCommit(false);
Statement stInsertSQL = Connection.createStatement();
stInsertSQL.execute("INSERT INTO table1 values(1,2)");
st.close();
Connection.commit();
Connection.setAutoCommit(true);
Connection.close();

I am using freetds driver. The RDBMS is SQL Server
7.0.

Thanks in advance.
Kalyan.

--- "Winkless, Geoff" <geoff.winkless AT pera.com> wrote:
> > Kalyan Chakaravarthy wrote:
> > If I close the statement before calling
> > Connection.commit(), the transaction is not
> committing
> > to database.
> >
> > May I know what is the problem/workaround to this
> ?
>
> I'm sorry, I must be misunderstanding something...
>
> Surely the whole _point_ of a transaction system is
> that if you -don't- call
> commit() then the transaction is rolled back?
>
> Geoff
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to freetds as:
> [nkalyanc2000 AT yahoo.com]
> To unsubscribe, forward this message to
$subst('Email.Unsub')