freetds - Re: Freetds + Unixodbc + PHP

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Freetds + Unixodbc + PHP
  • Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 18:48:07 -0500 (EST)

Ok thanks, I think I should be able to track it down from here, although
I'm a bit squeezed for time tonight. A work around may be to structure
the code more traditionally like:

$res = odbc_exec($conn, "select * from table1");

while (odbc_fetch_row($res)) {
echo odbc_result($res,"col1");
echo odbc_result($res,2);
}

Note: I'm typing it from memory but that should be the jist of it. This
should ensure that the first result set is closed out. By the way, if you
compile php in cgi mode and run it with TDSDUMP set, you may see something
like 'Attempt to initiate a new query with results pending.' to make sure
the error is what I think it is.

Brian