freetds - Re: JDBC: what kind of MSSQL errors are caught?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Stefan Bodewig <bodewig AT bost.de>
  • To: <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Cc: aschoerk AT users.sourceforge.net
  • Subject: Re: JDBC: what kind of MSSQL errors are caught?
  • Date: 15 Nov 2001 08:10:39 +0100

On Wed, 14 Nov 2001, Bob Kline <bkline AT rksystems.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Nov 2001, Bob Kline wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 14 Nov 2001, Michael Suedkamp wrote:
>>
>> > No there isn't anything more in the warning chain. Maybe I should
>> > post a little SQL script that creates a test db and a little java
>> > program that inserts a row so that someone is able to reproduce
>> > my problem.
>>
>> Sounds like a good idea.

Indeed.

> SB:

here 8-)

> 1. Do you recall why the code in submitProcedure is commented out?

It is not commented out in my version - I'm still using the JDBC
driver from the internetcds site with some private patches, as I've
been on vacation and somehow lost track of the state of the whole JTDS
effort at sourceforge.

It got commented out between revisions 1.2 and 1.3, seems as if
somebody tried to simplify the loop and forgot to handle warning
packets - Andreas, are you on this list and can comment on this?

> 2. Do you want to consider adding the code to pick up the messages
> returned by processMsg()? Perhaps one place might be where my
> (now obsolete) comment reads "the getWarnings() methods aren't
> implemented, ...."

I think it would be a good idea, but I'm not yet familiar enough with
the JTDS code changes.

Has anybody heard anything from Craig Spannring lately?

Stefan