freetds - Re: Problem with MSSQL Server 2000 SP1 / Apache 1.3.20 + PHP 4.0.6 + freetds 0.53 during queries

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Problem with MSSQL Server 2000 SP1 / Apache 1.3.20 + PHP 4.0.6 + freetds 0.53 during queries
  • Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 21:32:36 -0500 (EST)

Ok, I've added some code to help debug this. Grab a copy from CVS. In
the freetds.conf file turn on the option 'dump file append' like so:

[global]
dump file = /tmp/freetds.log
dump file append = yes

Change /tmp/freetds.log to wherever you need to put it. If you have
multiple databases and only want to do this for one, then put it in the
database section instead.

This will cause all apache children to append onto the same log file.

Now, in addition to the normal caveat of passwords showing up (I'm working
on a patch for that one by the way), the peformance hit of opening the
log file every time we need to write to it is unknown but likely will have
some impact. Also, the log file is likely to grow quite large.

So, what I would recommend is to flip the switch, stress test it until it
breaks, then revert the conf file and send me the resultant logs off-list.
Then we should be able to better trace what is causing the problem.

Also, send me the pid number of the crashed child.

Cheers,

Brian