freetds - (SQLServer 7.0)SQL Exception.:Error Code:0:Address in use: connect

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: nazareno.lamparelli AT txt.it
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: (SQLServer 7.0)SQL Exception.:Error Code:0:Address in use: connect
  • Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 03:27:05 -0500

We are using the latest FreeTDSDriver(TwFreeTds_1.0.jar).We are handling
lot of DB Operation at a very high frequency. The DB used is SQLServer
7.0.

The problem occured in the following scenario.
After performing some 42,000 (select/insert/update) query consecutively,
we started getting error as SQLException Address in Use.The error code
returned is 0.After executing 42000 query,some queries were executed and
some throw the SQLException.But as we performed more queries, the number
of Exception were increased and less queries were executed successfully.
Please Note that all the queries are syntactically correct.There is no
problem with the queries we perform.
Following is the error description we are getting.
SQL Exception.:Error Code:0:Address in use: connect

  • (SQLServer 7.0)SQL Exception.:Error Code:0:Address in use: connect, nazareno . lamparelli, 11/08/2001