freetds - JDBC driver - getTables

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Mitchell J. Friedman" <mitchell_j_friedman AT yahoo.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: JDBC driver - getTables
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 12:49:41 -0700 (PDT)

I am just starting to use the freetds driver currently
in order to get to Microsoft SQL Server and was
running into trouble with the getTables call not
working.

I looked a little closer at the code and was a little
disturbed about the use of the temporary table - so I
created a version that works somewhat differently but
does not require the temporary table. I am still in
the process of testing it - but I was wondering who
else was actively working on the jdbc driver and what
kind of trouble they were having.

I expect to be working with a number of the other
methods of DatabaseMetaData including -
getPrimaryKeys, getCrossReference, getExportedKeys,
getImportedKeys, getIndexInfo but soonest GetColumns.
And I was wondering what I should expect to be normal.

mjf