freetds - make check: 'connection refused'

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Cat Woodmansee" <cat AT netcustomer.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: make check: 'connection refused'
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 21:39:06 -0400

Hey all.

I'm just getting ftds-0.52 up to speed and having connect trouble to
M$SQL7, and read that I should do a 'make check'. When I do, using the
stock PWD and freetds.conf files, I get errors that seem to follow a
'connection refused'. Here's a sample from the first test of 6:

make check-TESTS
make[4]: Entering directory `/home/cat/freetds-0.52/src/tds/unittests'
t0001.c: Testing login, logout
connect: Connection refused
tds_connect() failed
try_tds_login() failed
FAIL: t0001

...and so on. I can ping the test server just fine. Now I'm wondering how
useful this test failure is. Does it mean my build is junk? Or is it
because I'm behind a corporate firewall? Or is it because the NIMDA worm
has taken the test server down? Or did the test server sit in the World
Trade Center? (I pray, not the later.)

Any flames/feedback/guesses regarding 'connection refused' accepted here
or at cat AT netcustomer.com

cheers,
c@

  • make check: 'connection refused', Cat Woodmansee, 09/21/2001