freetds - iODBC and FreeTDS - What next?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Andrew Hill <list AT fornax.net>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: iODBC and FreeTDS - What next?
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 15:38:13 +0930

Hi all,

Apologies for what is probably a common and obvious question - but I've just installed iODBC and FreeTDS, and configured my /etc/odbc.ini file.

So, what next? Can I actually get Perl's DBD::ODBC using this setup from here? I'm not having much luck. Or should I forget iODBC and try using the DBD::Sybase module?

What about the mentioned FreeTDS ODBC driver? Is there any more information available than in the User Guide?

Thanks in advance,

--
Andrew Hill

"Being attractive was never part of my game plan." - 2001-03-28