freetds - RE: Memory leak when doing many INSERTs

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Eric Deutsch" <edeutsch AT systemsbiology.org>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Memory leak when doing many INSERTs
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 10:29:15 -0700

Thanks a million, Brian! This helps a lot, although it doesn't fix things
completely. For one particular test of rapid firing INSERTs, it reduces the
leak rate from 16 MB/min to only 2 MB/min. After a little more testing, I
now find that the leak rate is independent of the SQL statement length. In
fact, I now find that that leak rate is 60 bytes per statement. I After
floundering around in the code for a while, I added

if (cmd->userdata) free(cmd->userdata);

into the block you sent, but that did not affect anything.

If you have any other ideas where there might be a fixed leak rate of 60
bytes per statement, I'd greatly appreciate it. I know that doesn't sound
like a big rate, but I'm doing millions of INSERTs to various tables mixed
in with SELECTs during a single load process.

many thanks!
Eric