freetds - Re: DBD::FreeTDS errors

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Steve Langasek <vorlon AT netexpress.net>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: DBD::FreeTDS errors
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 13:59:22 -0500 (CDT)

Hello Piyush,

On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, Piyush Avichal wrote:

> I would use DBD::Sybase and the FreeTDS Libraries, if the FreeTDS
> libraries
> had been ported over to OpenVMS. There doesnt seem to be any mention of
> that anywhere in this group. Thats why I have used the DBD::FreeTDS driver

> as there is nothing else available.

It's my understanding that the DBD::FreeTDS driver depends on the FreeTDS
libraries being present. It's a perl interface to these libraries, not a
replacement for them. With either DBD::Sybase or DBD::FreeTDS, you still need
a C library implementation of TDS for your system, whether that's Sybase or
FreeTDS.

Regards,
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer