freetds - Re: Need help!!!

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Curt Hagenlocher" <curt AT hagenlocher.org>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Need help!!!
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 13:23:49 -0700

Ted Munnich" <tmunnich AT idexsoft.com> writes:

> I am a newbie and have trouble to make Freetds work on my system.
> I can run regular JSP and java code on my system.
>
> 500 Servlet Exception
> java.lang.ClassCastException: test.jdbctds
> at
> com.caucho.server.http.Application.createServlet
> (Application.java:1739)
>
> [...]
>
> public class jdbctds
> {
> static void ftdsjdbc () {

This looks like an error in the interaction between your code
and the server, and not like a FreeTDS error. In particular,
it looks like the server wants to create an object of your
class as a Servlet, but your class is not a Servlet. You
must derive your class from HttpServlet in order for the
container to be able to create it.

--
Curt Hagenlocher
curt AT hagenlocher.org