freetds - Re: help! need help with freeTds and sqsh on hpux 11

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Ned Williams <nwilliams AT interland.net>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: help! need help with freeTds and sqsh on hpux 11
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 17:24:29 -0400

Brian Bruns wrote:

> Is PA-RISC big endian? If so, make sure you are using a recent CVS
> snapshot, since TDS7 on big endian machines has only recently been fixed
> (TDS 7 runs only in little endian mode).
>
> The other thing is what results do you get when using TDS 4.2, that could
> narrow it down some.
>
> Brian
>
> On Wed, 15 Aug 2001, Ned Williams wrote:
>
> > Hello everyone,
> > Can someone explain to me why perhaps sqsh will not compile completly
> > with freeTDS on hpux? FreeTDS does fine, and I say completly because
> > make produces a binary it just core dumps with a bus error no matter
> > what I try to do, for the record my client is on hpux11 and the server I
> > am trying to hit is a MSSQL 7, and yes I did my ./configure with the 7.0
> > option.
> >
> > thanks in advance
> >
> > Ned
> >

> > ---
> > You are currently subscribed to freetds as: [camber AT ais.org]
> > To unsubscribe, forward this message to $subst('Email.Unsub')
> >

> ---
> You are currently subscribed to freetds as: [nwilliams AT interland.net]

I'll try that but what concerns me worse is that sqsh ends its compile with
an error 1
with ld complaing about :
/usr/ccs/bin/ld: Unsatisfied symbols:
getspnam (code)
make: *** [sqsh] Error 1

it didnt do this when I compiled on linux so I was wondering if its something
to do
with sqsh/tds on hpux...
I'll switch to 42 and see what happens
thanks