freetds - Specifying the database

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Mark Gebhardt" <mark AT saebex.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Specifying the database
  • Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 04:41:27 -0400

Hi

I've just installed freetds on Linux (RedHat 7.0) and am trying to use it
to connect from a Python App to a remote MS SQL Server (7.0).

The Freetds install went fine and I was able to run the tests and the
majority of them passed.

I have now installed Tom Osborne's msdb python module and am able to use
it to connect to the SQL Server database and run queries.

The problem is that I am connecting to the wrong database. The server runs
a number of databases and I need to connect to one called 'Bizland', but
am connecting to some other generic database. The FreeTDS docs don't seem
to mention how to specify which database to connect to on a Server. Am I
missing something obvious? should this go in Freetds.conf?

Any assistance will be much appreciated.

Regards
Mark Gebhardt

  • Specifying the database, Mark Gebhardt, 08/08/2001