freetds - Re: JDBC Exception

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Jacob Abrams" <sym_phon5 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: JDBC Exception
  • Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 15:39:01 -0400

I have fixed my own problem, apparently it was cause by one of two things,
both relating the java classpath. The problem was resolved when I moved
the freetds_jdbc.jar file to the /usr/local/java/jdk/jre/lib/ext directory
and also deleted other instances of the freetds_jdbc.jar file in other
locations.

Thus the error was caused either by the location of the .jar file or the
presence of multiple .jar files containing the same classes. As a side
note I was using the driver in a JSP page which seems to require classes
be placed in the above mentioned directory.

Jacob

  • Re: JDBC Exception, Jacob Abrams, 08/01/2001