freetds - Re: Connection Reset by Peer

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: PMoore AT axa.com.au
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Connection Reset by Peer
  • Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 16:17:27 +1000

the only thing i can think of would be to play around with the
buffer/packet sizes.
The conneciton being reset is usually done when the host has terminated
your connection for some reason.
The obvious reason is if the server dies, but if the network connectivity
doesn't like what you are doing you will get disconnected too.
eg buffer overflow or something similar.

Does anything significant show up in the SQL Server database logs or in the
Event Viewer??
regards
peter

Peter Moore
Contractor,
ITeG, Axa Australia

"Brent L Johnson" <brent AT bjohnson.net>@franklin.oit.unc.edu on 01/08/2001
05:17:28 PM

Please respond to "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>

Sent by: bounce-freetds-132908 AT franklin.oit.unc.edu