freetds - Re: CallableStatement - setString method

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Bob Kline <bkline AT rksystems.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: CallableStatement - setString method
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 11:11:14 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 18 Jul 2001, Sean wrote:

> I've tried the following to not avail:
>
> 1) Switching to JDK1.3.1
> 2) Running from the command line
> 3) Modifying sp_ValidateUser to the following:
> CREATE PROC sp_ValidateUser
> @arg VARCHAR(32)
> AS
> SELECT 'Foo ' + @arg + ' Bar'
>
> Yet the problem persists, not sure about the patch level of the SQL
> Server. Could I ask what level you are running?

I'm running 7.00 - 7.00.961 (Intel X86) [Oct 24 2000 18:39:12].

> In fact not quite sure where I check the patch level at?

Take a look at http://freetds.org/basic_jdbc_question.html in the FAQ,
where you'll find useful information about reporting problems with the
JDBC driver (including the answer to this question).

I believe I have eliminated another of the deltas between your setup and
mine by testing against a SQL Server (same patch level) running on NT
4.0 Service Pack 5. My original test was against SQL Server running on
NT 5.0 Service Pack 2 (Win2K).

The other delta I mentioned in my first reply - the fact that you are
retrieving the result column by name instead of position - is also
irrelevant, since the exception is triggered before that point.

If your SQL Server patch level is the same, then I'm baffled. Are you
certain that an older version of the driver isn't being picked up in the
CLASSPATH (or in some other way, such as the extension class loading
mechanism)? You can verify exactly where the classes are coming from by
using the -verbose option on the java command-line.

--
Bob Kline
mailto:bkline AT rksystems.com